To get an account on Pacific Research Platform kubernetes portal
- To get access to the PRP Nautilus cluster, do the following
- Point your browser to the PRP Nautilus portal
- On the portal page click on “Login” button at the top right corner
- You will be redirected to the “CILogon” page:
On this page, select an Identity Provider from the menu and Click “Log On” button to use your existing credentials for the chosen provider to sign in. The provider is one of :
(1) If your institution is using CILogon as a federated certification authority it will be in the menu, select the name of your institution and use either a personal account or an institutional G-suite account. This is usually your institutional account name (email) and a password associated with it.
(2) If your institution is not using CILogon, you can select “Google”
After a successful authentication you will login on the portal. On first login you become a guest and your account will need to be validated by the admin users. Any admin user can validate your guest account, promote you to user and add your account to their namespace. You need to be assigned to at least one namespace (usually a group project but can be your new namespace).
To notify admin users, register at Rocketchat, and use the support channel to request that your account be upgraded from guest to user, and that you be added to a namespace (existing for a project or new one). To get access to a namespace, please contact its owner (usually email).
Once you are granted the user role in the cluster and are added to the namespace, you will get access to all namespace resources.
If you’re starting a new project and would like to have your own namespace, either for yourself or for your group, you can request to be promoted to the admin. This will give you permission to create any number of namespaces and invite other users to your namespace(s). Please note, you’ll be the one responsible for all activity happening in your namespaces.
- Follow quick start page to star using kubernetes.